You have a lot to think about when planning your relocation to a new apartment home in Bloomington. A to-do list will ensure everything goes in an orderly fashion. It helps you think of every task, stay on schedule, and feel more in charge of the situation. To assist in making your ensuing relocation less stressful, we’ve assembled these essential tasks for your apartment moving checklist in Bloomington.
8 Weeks Before Moving: Time to Prepare
Don’t wait to the last minute! The days leading up to your move will be less stressful the sooner you start getting ready.
- Get organized. Utilize our recommendations to get started on your Bloomington apartment moving checklist and add more things to it whenever you think of something.
- Notify your present property management team. Most leases call for a 60-day notice before you move.
- Review your responsibilities for moving out, which may include a final walk-through and proper cleaning. Be sure to include these on your checklist.
6 Weeks Prior To Moving: Plan Your Moving Day
Now is the time to start planning your big day and recruit help.
- Finalize any loose ends concerning your new Bloomington apartment community. Confirm your move-in date, review the requirements for new tenants, and finish any documents that still need to be signed.
- Hire a team of professionals or sign up for a rental truck. Make a reservation now to help guarantee you lock in a date that works best for your schedule.
- Arrange childcare or a pet sitter for the big day to keep kids and animals safe.
2-4 Weeks Prior To Moving: Pack
Having your things boxed up ahead of time will reduce your stress as your day approaches. Put your belongings in one of these classifications: retain, give away, or trash.
- Collect packing materials and boxes.
- Box up non-vital goods and getting rid of unwanted items. Always remember to label every box!
- Repair any damages you are responsible for in your previous residence to get your deposit back.
- Update your renter’s insurance for your new place.
- Submit a form to change your address and arrange for mail forwarding from the USPS.
- Schedule the shifting of your utility services or create new accounts for gas, electricity, internet, etc.
- Notify your employer, financial institutions, and others of your address change.
- Look up where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are within your new locale.
1 Week Prior To Moving Day: Finalize Plans
Your last week will be a little hectic but thrilling as you make your final preparations.
- Confirm your arrangements with movers or the truck rental company and provide directions when your day arrives.
- Box up your final items. Set aside a temporary bag for your first night or two in your new apartment, and find a prudent method to pack precious items or personal effects like passports to keep with you.
- Clean your prior unit as you finish packing. .
- Get your new keys and complete an initial tour of your new place. List and follow-up on any maintenance issues.
- Get an idea where your couches, tables, and other large pieces will fit in your new apartment floor plan.
Your Day Has Arrived: Move!
The wait is over and it's time to move! There will be a lot going on, so keep your Bloomington apartment moving checklist nearby to help you stay focused.
- Dispatch your kids and furry friends with sitters for the day.
- Work with the moving crew as they take boxes on and off the vehicle. Be sure to tip them and submit the last payment.
- Do the closing walk-through at your prior place.
- Make sure you have electricity, gas, and functioning smoke alarms.
- Get the essentials laid out at your new apartment, including toiletries, beds and sheets, food, and drinks.
Add A Tour Of Echo Park Bloomington Apartments To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Bloomington
You must decide on a new home before you start planning your move. What about Echo Park Bloomington Apartments? Our representatives are excited to give you an on-location or virtual tour of our beautiful community and assist you in finding the ideal apartment layout for you. Add a guided tour to your checklist and call 812-578-7394 or plan a tour today to see what we have to offer.