If you need to do a complete clean-out or your Bloomington apartment just looks dirty, a good cleaning can have it looking its best again. It’s not difficult to get frustrated when you take on more than you can handle at one time. To make cleaning your unit less stressful, we’ve came up with an apartment cleaning checklist for Bloomington tenants.
Your Bloomington Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Every Room
Complete these tasks in all spaces of your place before tackling individual rooms to save time. Reference this apartment cleaning checklist for Bloomington to keep track of everything.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Dust ceilings and any decorative trim.
- Use a duster or cleaning wipe for the tops of doors and their frames.
- Wipe down your apartment’s walls and baseboards to remove smudges and stains.
- Get the dirt and dust off your windows with a clean rag and glass cleaner.
- Wipe down, wash, or shake out window treatments.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Mop or vacuum all flooring and address scuff marks and stains.
- Dust the blades and any hard-to-reach spots of your ceiling fans.
- Take out the trash.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
Whether you like having friends over or unwinding in your space by yourself, keep your living room neat and welcoming with a good cleaning.
- Revive furniture by vacuuming and spot cleaning. Utilize a vacuum attachment to remove hair if you share your home with furry friends.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Polish wood furniture.
- Sanitize remote controls.
- Be sure that everything you need like remotes and coasters are found nearby.
Dining Room Cleaning Checklist
The multitude of messes in the dining room are a result of food. When dealing with food remnants stuck to a surface or floor, put a warm, damp rag on top of it for one or two minutes to loosen it up.
- Brush loose crumbs off the table and chairs and spot-clean tacky places.
- Dust chair legs and backs.
- Polish a wood table or use glass cleaner on a glass-top table.
- Go with a soft duster to clean off any open shelves with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens are often sticky and smelly from all that cooking. You can go with off-the-shelf cleaners to deal with those greasy stains, but some chemical-free materials are great choices as well.
- Wipe down cabinets with a cloth dampened with soapy water and follow with a clean damp cloth].
- Clean off counters with the right cleaning solution for the type of counter you have or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Clean the sink with a paste of baking soda and water. A few shakes of baking soda down the disposal will help deodorize it. Rinse it with water once it’s left for 10 minutes or so.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a container of vinegar inside. Once complete, wipe it out with a clean cloth.
- Heat a cup of water to a boil in the microwave to let the moisture loosen up stuck-on gunk. Remove any mess with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- Wash stove burner parts in a sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with an appropriate product or an equal mixture of vinegar and water and use a little elbow grease.
- Abide by the oven’s self-cleaning instructions or you can utilize baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Use a a little dish soap or simply spray a water and vinegar mix to clean the the fridge shelves and interior; follow with a sponge of soft cloth. Then move it and use a broom to sweep the floor.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
If you hate dealing with dirty bathrooms, complete these quick chores daily so your bathroom doesn’t get too messy.
- Wide down mirrors with a spray-on cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Disinfect countertops with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar and water on a clean rag.
- Gently wipe cabinets with some soap and water followed a a clean cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Clean off your toilet exterior with your choice of vinegar or disinfectant.
- Wash off the the walls and surfaces of your shower and tub with an all-purpose cleaner or vinegar.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Bloomington
You’ll feel more rested in a clean bedroom!
- Tidy up or rearrange your closet.
- Use a dust rag or feather duster on any shelves, desks or other surfaces.
- Change and wash the sheets.
- Collect your dirty clothes from the floor and place them in the hamper.
- Use a broom to dust underneath your bed frame.
Find A Spacious Apartment At Echo Park Bloomington Apartments
A dirt-free apartment adds to your comfort, but in some instances you would be better off with a new apartment entirely. Check out the spacious, luxury apartments at Echo Park. Call our leasing team at 812-578-7394 or arrange a tour to view your options.